Facilitated by Drs. John Saltmarsh, Marshall Welch, and Barbara Holland
Treetop Commons and Campus Compact offered a full-day Carnegie workshop in Vancouver, WA in partnership with John Saltmarsh and the Swearer Center at Brown University, the new administrative home of the the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification. This workshop supported member campuses that are first-time applicants or reclassifying for the 2020 Carnegie Community Engagement Classification.
This one-day workshop was designed to assist campuses preparing for the Carnegie Community Engagement classification and addressed preparation for both first-time applicants and campuses that are reclassifying (those classified in 2010). The workshop included:
- an orientation to both the classification and reclassification frameworks
- an overview of the 2020 process
- additions and changes to the documentation framework
- review of the documentation framework and complete application
- strategies that have be en effective for successful application