Guiding Principles of Collaboratory®
Collaboratory will provide data that develops the story of an institution’s meaningful contributions to the health and vibrancy of communities, and builds acceptance of community engagement and public service as integral to higher education mission and culture.
Mission - Collaboratory®
Collaboratory empowers higher education institutions to document and understand the full scope of their community engagement and public service activities to improve practice.
Higher education community engagement and public service contribute to addressing the root causes of complex social issues. By collecting descriptive data on community engagement and public service activities, we can empower higher education administrators and leaders to understand and utilize data to influence change.
We build understanding of community engagement and public service and foster a network of community-engaged scholars and practitioners, valuing and providing:
- Clarity of terms within and across engaged institutions
- Consistent, comprehensive, centralized data that is publicly shared
- Connections between internal and external stakeholders in common mission
- Reports that contribute to key institutional and community strategic decisions
- Reciprocal learning amongst Collaboratory member institutions