How it Works
With Collaboratory® you can:
Lead from a base of evidence
- Record, analyze, and report your institution's overall engagement and internal and external impact.
- Visually display your community engagement data at the individual, department, and unit levels.
- Analyze and report data using templates.
- Use evidence to improve programs and inform new opportunities and resource or infrastructure decisions.
Elevate the full scope of contributions
- Accurately and consistently disambiguate community engagement and public service records and outcomes.
- Create individual, office, and unit-level profiles for reporting, awards, and recognitions.
- Strengthen the voice and influence of community partners.
- Recognize and reward internal and external leaders of engagement.
Steward standards and best practices
- Standardize language to create shared understandings about community engagement and public service.
- Use tools to gather feedback and input from diverse stakeholders, including students and community partners.
- Enhance information provided to units and offices responsible for external relations, communications, and recognitions.
- Capture data and contact information for community partners.
- Publicly display activities for all stakeholders and shareholders to explore - no login necessary!
Monitor and communicate strategic goals
- Inform how your institution participates in regional collective impact efforts.
- Monitor institutional progress toward strategic goals for community engagement and public service.
- Inform how your institution participates in regional collective impact effort.
- Benchmark and compare to peers.
- Generate searches that align with accreditation, award and recognition program requirements, or to support grant and gift proposals.
Be part of an international database and research program
When your institution joins Collaboratory your data can become part of an international database to advance research and data-informed leadership. Requests for scholarly use of deidentified data are reviewed by scholars at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. The common platform across institutions allows:
- Benchmarking and peer comparisons
- Research using large, comprehensive yet focused data sets
- State of the field analysis nationally and internationally
Examples of data collected in Collaboratory®:
Institutional Community Engagement Activities
Institutional Public Service Activities
Engagement throughout the Curriculum
Faculty and Staff Profiles
Institutional Department Profiles
Community Partner Engagement with the Institution